Feb 22, 2007
Six Songs to Celebrate Friendship
God bestowed us with the gift of friendship for all the times when He knew he couldn't be there with us. He divided them in three categories-best, guest and pest friends. All friends are not faithful but at the same time neither are all traitors like Brutus. It is upon one's own discretion who one considers a true friend and who one does not.

A memory lasts forever.
Never does it die.
True friends stay together.
And never say goodbye.
-Anon.

Friendship is based on truth and loyalty. It is one's unbiased faith in the other's unconditional love and belief to stand by. Here are ten songs that celebrate different aspects of friendship.


1. I'll Be There For You - The Rembrandts:

'No one could ever know me
No one could ever see me
Seems you're the only one who knows
What it's like to be me
Someone to face the day with
Make it through all the rest with
Someone I'll always laugh with
Even at my worst I'm best with you, yeah'.

This song hit the charts as the soundtrack of the celebrated series on friendship, 'Friends'. Released in the year 1994 as their jingle, the song was later released as a single after being made into a full song owing to its sudden popularity.

You're My Guiding Star... A heartwarming message for your friend/ best friend/ loved one to thank him/ her for being there... Always.

Send this eCard !



2. Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler:

'Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and ev'rything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings'.

Released in 1989 as a single by Bette Midler, the song hit fame as the soundtrack of the movie, Beaches. It was named Record of the Year and Song of the Year at the Grammy Awards in 1990.


For A Friend Who's A Blessing ! A warm Friendship Quote for your special friend/ best friend/ pal who's been by your side through joy and sorrow.
Send this free eCard
Send this eCard !



3. Seasons In The Sun - Terry Jacks:

'Goodbye my friend it's hard to die
When all the birds are singing in the sky
Now that the spring is in the air
Pretty girls are everywhere
Think of me and I'll be there'.

Released as a single in 1974 by Terry Jacks, the song was first released by English band, The Fortunes in 1968. The song was based on a song called 'Le Moribond' ('The Dying Man') by Jacques Brel.

Our Friendship Rose Will Never Wither Away ! A beautiful way to let your friend know how much you treasure your friendship.
Send this free eCard
Send this eCard !



4. Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion

'You were always there for me
The tender wind that carried me
A light in the dark shining your love into my life
You've been my inspiration
Through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you'.

Released in 1996, a smash hit single from the album, Falling Into You, Because You Loved me was nominated for four Grammy Awards. It won the Grammy Award for Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media.


Always By Your Side ! A warm wish for your special friend.
Send this free eCard
Send this eCard !



5. Annie's Song - John Denver

'You fill up my senses like a night in the forest,
like the mountains in springtime, like a walk in the rain,
like a storm in the desert, like a sleepy blue ocean.
You fill up my senses, come fill me again'.

Released in 1974, this famous love song was written for his then wife, Annie. An ideal expression of true love and friendship, this song is the anthem for celebrating loyal relationships.

For A Friend Who's Precious... A beautiful thought to share with your dear friend/ loved one.

Send this eCard !



6. Photograph - Ringo Starr and George Harrison

'I can't get used to living here
While my heart is broke, my tears are cried for you
I want you here to have and hold
As the years go by, and we grow old and gray
Now you're expecting me
To live without you
But that's not something
That I'm looking forward to
I can't get used to...'

Originally written by both of them, the song was released as part of Ringo Starr's album, Ringo. Later it was performed at Harrison's first death anniversary and is said to have made the audience weep at large.
Ringo and George, John and Annie, 'Friends'-the sitcom, all celebrate the friendship season, which actually is all year round! Friendship is about sharing the ups and downs, smiles and frowns, pains and pleasures; simply put being companions, now and forever... Here's to celebrating true friendship!

It's When Friends Part We Realize How Precious They Are... A heartfelt quote for your long lost friend with whom you have parted ways.
Send this free eCard
Send this eCard !

Labels:

 
posted by Robert at Thursday, February 22, 2007 ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments: